We Use PolyLevel® Injection Foam to Raise Your Settled Concrete
Get a faster, affordable alternative to repair your concrete slab with PolyLevel®
As patios, walkways, driveways, and concrete steps sink, they can crack and create uneven surfaces. Sinking concrete is unsightly, and it can create a tripping hazard. Traditionally, this problem was repaired by a process called mudjacking, or slab jacking. Mudjacking: a repair technique for lifting concrete slabs that have settled over time with a mortar-based mix called slurry.
AquaGuard Foundation Solutions offers a faster, more effective, and less invasive approach to concrete leveling with PolyLevel®. The PolyLevel system involves injecting a structural-grade, expanding two-part polymer foam under the concrete for a durable, long lasting solution. The polymers come out at a very high pressure in liquid form, filling any gaps or voids underneath the concrete and then engaging with itself and expanding within approximately seven seconds. The difference with PolyLevel is that the foam is flexible during installation and thus can fold back over itself for a gentle, accurate lift. PolyLEVEL is completely inert and waterproof, so there’s no chance it will wash out over time, and it weighs an astonishing 4 lbs per cubic foot, so it doesn’t add discernible weight to the underlying soil below.
Concrete is a heavy material and so are the vehicles, machinery and structures that concrete slabs and footings are expected to support.
Sometimes, the combined weight of concrete and what it supports causes concrete settlement to occur. The soil beneath the concrete compresses and can cause major problems. That’s why AquaGuard Foundation Solutions provides PolyLevel® for concrete repair in Atlanta, GA.
Commercially, concrete roadways can become dangerous or unusable. Without concrete repair like PolyLevel®, this results in sections of runways and parking lots being closed down. In the example of trains, train service can be interrupted because of erosion and settlement beneath the track bed.
This can cause problems at your home as well. Uneven sidewalks, walkways and steps can cause tripping, and sunken driveway slabs can make parking your car in the garage quite a challenge. PolyLevel® is designed specifically to repair this type of problem. AquaGuard Foundation Solutions provides this type of concrete repair in Alpharetta, Lawrenceville, Sandy Springs, Norcross, Stone Mountain, Gainesville, Roswell, Athens and other local areas.
PolyLevel® geotechnical capabilities:
- Lift settled slabs and slab foundations
- Lift and level sunken sidewalks
- Strengthen and stabilize loose soil
- Fill sinkholes and other voids
- Lift, level and stabilize roadways and airport runways
- Repair and stabilize rail beds weakened by soil washouts
- Treat soil to improve load-bearing characteristics in preconstruction applications
This front stoop has started to sink and separate from the foundation. There is noticeable cracking and sloping.
PolyLevel® concrete repair offers important ADVANTAGES:
- Strong but light. PolyLevel® weighs only about 4lbs. per cubic ft., compared to 120lbs. per cubic ft. for standard fill material. PolyLevel® ’s light weight makes it useful where denser fill material might impose an undesirable load on weak soils. Despite its light weight, PolyLevel® can support substantial loads; it typically provides greater lifting power than another form of concrete repair, mudjacking.
- Waterproof. Once cured, PolyLevel® will not wash away. PolyLevel® ’s waterproofing properties can be beneficial in certain applications. Learn more by contacting AquaGuard Foundation Solutions!
- Stable and inert. PolyLevel® does not react with soil or moisture; it will not leach harmful chemicals into the soil. This makes it an eco-friendly form of concrete repair.
- Quick curing. AquaGuard Foundation Solutions can help minimize downtime with PolyLevel® concrete repair. Full loading of the foundation, roadway or other structural element can usually happen about 15 minutes after the material is injected.
- Adjustable. Adjusting the density and expansive force of the 2-part foam affords a wide range of geotechnical uses. Lifting force can be adjusted by fine-tuning the chemical reaction that causes the foam to expand. An experienced applicator from AquaGuard Foundation Solutions can factor not only the weight of the structural element but also soil characteristics and temperature and weather conditions. Special formulations of PolyLevel® are possible for applications where water must be displaced.
- Noninvasive. PolyLevel® injection equipment isn’t bulky, enabling applicators to access confined areas for concrete repair. When properly injected, PolyLevel® is not as messy or disruptive as other slab and foundation-lifting techniques.
Polymer injection with PolyLevel® solves soil settlement and stabilization problems
In the past, contractors often raised settled concrete by pumping a liquid mortar beneath the settled section (called mudjacking). But this pumping process is hard to control, and the added mass of the mortar puts even more weight on the soil. PolyLevel® is more effective alternative.
Fortunately, foundation and concrete repair specialists now have a new technique that’s more effective at raising settled concrete. Polymer injection with PolyLevel® harnesses the expansive force of a structural grade geopolymer to provide fast concrete leveling, fill voids in soil and strengthen soil that has poor load-bearing qualities.
The PolyLevel® polymer consists of two separate liquids that are combined right at the injection nozzle to trigger a chemical reaction that turns the blended ingredients into expanding, high-density foam. The foam flows into voids and between loose soil particles, expanding to about 15 times its initial volume. This expansive action effectively lifts settled concrete. An experienced PolyLevel® technician, like those at AquaGuard Foundation Solutions, can control the application to create just the right amount of raising pressure.
The polymer begins to harden quickly after doing its raising work. Within just 30 minutes, it reaches 90% of its final strength, enabling damaged concrete roads and slabs to be put back into service right away. The speed of PolyLevel® polymer injection repairs is another huge advantage over mortar pumping.
In addition to lifting and realigning settled and/or shifted concrete, polymer injection can be done prior to construction to improve soil stability and strength. PolyLevel® injections as deep as 20ft.-30ft. are possible.
Contact AquaGuard Foundation Solutions for expert concrete repair with PolyLevel®
Ready to see why PolyLevel® is the superior choice when it comes to repairing sinking concrete in Greater Atlanta? Get started by calling AquaGuard Foundation Solutions at 1-770-415-2030 or contact us online to meet with one of our specialists today! We provide written estimates for concrete repair in Atlanta, Marietta, Decatur and throughout the surrounding area.