If you notice any sinking or sagging floors in your home, it could be a sign that the structural integrity of your crawl space is compromised. Over time, those joists, which comprise the wooden slat roof of your crawl space, may become weak and cause major structural problems.
Floor joists can become weak from:
- Too much space between support columns
- Cinderblock columns can cause very weak structural support of your home above
- Too much moisture in the crawl space causing the wood to rot
- This works similarly to once dry firewood being over exposed to rain
- Weak soil or poor footing causing the columns to settle
Although it may seem subtle at first, theses weak floor joists can start to bend or bow and result in sinking floors inside your home, as well as interior wall cracks stemming from the corners of doors or windows.
Get your house back in shape with help from the experts at AquaGuard. We offer free quotes in North Georgia, including Atlanta, Acworth, Marietta, Cumming, Rome, Ellijay, Dahlonega, Dacula, Decatur, Peachtree City, and Carrollton.
Get Your FREE Inspection.Call Now!
Stabilize Your Home
Weakened floor joists in your crawl space need sturdy supports to lift them back up to their original position. The result? No more sinking or sagging floors inside your home.
We use our patented SmartJack™ steel stabilization and joist leveling system to permanently stabilize your crawl space joists and prevent future sagging or sinking floors within your home.
Benefits of the SmartJack™ system:
- Engineer designed and tested by our structural manufacturing network, Supportworks
- Each jack can supports loads of more than 60,000lbs
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Can be installed in limited access areas
- The only crawl space support jack that adequately addresses the culprit of settlement, the soil
Get your home back in shape, contact the experts at AquaGuard today!