Crawl Space Vapor Barrier Systems
What you need for a dry crawl space in North Georgia
At AquaGuard Foundation Solutions, it’s our job to make sure that your musty crawl space is transformed into a clean, dry, and energy-efficient space. Most homeowners aren’t happy with their crawl space environment, and for good reasons. Most crawl spaces don’t offer much to be smiling about. Typical crawl spaces are moldy, foul-smelling spaces that are avoided at all costs. Many of them flood, and they’re often filled with debris. In more extreme cases, crawl spaces can be home to rotten support structures, rodents, and pests. To request a free crawl space vapor barrier or encapsulation quote, call us at (770) 415-2030 or click the button below to fill out our online contact form!
Steps to Installing a Complete Crawl Space Vapor Barrier System
- Install Airtight Doors & Vent Covers: Sealing your crawl space doors and vents stops the cycle of cold, humidity and moisture entering from the outside air. However, water can still enter your crawlspace in many ways.
- Remove Any Standing Water Sources: The next step is to eliminate any sources of flooding in your crawl space by installing a crawl space drain and sump pump system. This eliminates flooding water from your crawl space, but moisture can still enter directly through the concrete and floor in the form of water vapor. Have an effective crawl space water vapor system is the best way to prevent this.
- Repair The Structure: If your crawl space is sagging or damaged by prolonged mold and rot, the next step is to install crawl space support jacks to help restore your structure. This will help your floors stay even and stop any structural sagging upstairs.
- Encapsulate & Insulate The Crawl Space: To stop moisture from passing through your floors and porous concrete walls, a crawl space liner should be installed to completely encapsulate the crawl space. A durable liner allows for servicemen to use the space without damage while transforming your crawl space into usable storage space. This is also the best time to install crawl space insulation on your walls or floors.
- Install A Dehumidifier: Installing an energy efficient, self-draining crawl space dehumidifier will keep your space dry. Our crawl space dehumidifier system includes a filter that removes particles from the air as small as 2 microns. In conjunction with a crawl space liner or vapor barrier, a dehumidifier ensures that your crawl space is protected from mold, dust mites, and mildew damage — permanently!
I did tons of research on this project and there was a lot of pros and…
We’re absolutely thrilled with the way our crawl space turned out and…
Jack, Ellijay, GA
Thank you for a great job. My wife was very impressed with your crew and…
Kenneth S. Carrolton, GA
Advantages of Our CleanSpace System:
We offer more than just crawl space vapor barrier systems! Our complete moisture control system includes a wide variety of crawl space products for your home and provides you with numerous benefits including:
- Fast, clean installation
- Patented, warrantied products
- Save money on utility bills
- Gain storage space
Our crawl space vapor barrier contractors are professionally certified at the Basement Systems® International Headquarters to help with your Atlanta area home. Contact AquaGuard today for more information on crawl space vapor barriers, crawl space liners, and crawl space moisture barriers.