What are the floors above your crawl space doing? Do they seem bouncy, soft, or unlevel?
Here's how to identify if you have this problem!
- Do you have sloping floors? These issues sometimes create a gap between the floor and interior walls.
- Do your doors stick? Have they been planed so they can close properly?
- Do you have gaps between the existing columns and girders in your crawlspace?
- Do you have shimming between existing columns and girders in your crawlspace? This usually indicates that, in the past, attempts have been made to repair these issues…and they did not work.
- Do you have evidence of moisture, wood rot, or compression of the floor joists in your crawlspace?