When it comes to protecting your home from water damage, gutter installation the cost of installing a quality gutter system is absolutely worth it! A primary element in your home’s water management system, gutters bear the responsibility of collecting roof water and directing it away from your home’s foundation. Without gutters, water would cascade down the side of your home, pool around and eventually drain into the ground below, potentially causing severe damage to fascia boards, siding, foundation walls, and your basement or crawl space.
Because of the key role that gutters play in protecting your home, it’s important to invest in a quality system and keep them well maintained. Gutter maintenance includes cleaning and replacing them when necessary.
How do you know when it’s time to replace your gutters? And, when you decide it’s time, how much should you expect to spend when investing in a quality gutter system? Let’s take a look at when you should consider installing new gutters, the variables of gutter system cost, and the cost of gutter enhancements and maintenance.
How Often Do Gutters Need Replacing?
With high-quality gutters, trustworthy warranties, and proper maintenance, gutter replacement shouldn’t be something you need to invest in regularly.
When moving into a new home, you may want to assess the gutter system installed and maintained by previous homeowners. Here are some key indicators that you’ll want to include gutter installation cost to your budget when purchasing your new home.
Signs that gutter replacement is needed:
- Cracks, gaps, and fractures
- Sagging or pulling away from home
- Unexplained nails or screws
- Overflowing or standing water
- Rotting fascia boards
Gutter Installation Cost Variables
If you’ve determined it’s time to buy new gutters, you’re probably wondering what to expect in terms of gutter installation cost. For the most accurate gutter installation cost estimate, call AquaGuard to receive a free inspection.
Here are a few of the variables to consider when determining gutter installation cost:
- Home Size: Gutters are typically sold in cost per linear foot. Thus, the size of your home will determine the total cost of your gutter installation.
- Number of Corners: Corners require a special piece of gutter. Because of this, the number of corners will affect gutter installation cost.
- Number of Downspouts: This goes along with home size—the more gutter footage, the more downspouts you’ll need.
- Gutter Color: Custom gutter colors may increase your gutter installation cost.
- Material: Certain gutter materials are less expensive than others. However, the cheaper gutter materials often have major downfalls—for example, galvanized steel gutters, which were popular in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s, will rust.
- Number of stories: Some gutter installations companies include charges for multiple story homes.
Additional Gutter Enhancements and Maintenance
If enhancement and maintenance are not included in the price of your gutter installation cost, you will need to consider these into your estimate as well:
- Gutter Guards: Gutter guards prevent gutters from clogging and becoming damaged by debris. You can read more about the importance of gutter protection on our gutter guard page.
- Downspout Extensions: Downspout extensions are often necessary for diverting water where it will naturally drain away from the home.
- Cleaning: Without the use of a proper gutter protection system, you’ll need to pay for regular gutter cleaning and maintenance.
- Replacement: Low-quality gutters and gutters without gutter protection systems will need to be replaced more frequently.
Skip the Headache and Additional Costs with AquaGuard’s Gutter System
When you choose to install the Gutter System with AquaGuard, you won’t have to worry about saving for the costs of additional gutter accessories and installation costs.
Here are some of the cost benefits of installing the Gutter System:
- It’s 100% aluminum, meaning you’ll never have to replace your system due to rust.
- Our Gutter System doesn’t just include the gutter itself—it also comes with gutter guards that actually protect against clogs. You’ll never have to pay for gutter cleaning again. And, if you ever run into any problems, we’ll come out and clean your gutters for free.
- We won’t penalize you for having a multiple-story home.
- A lifetime no-clog and materials warranty, as long as a 20-year paint warranty.
- We guarantee that our gutters won’t sag or pull away from the home for the lifetime of the system.
That’s what it means to install a quality gutter system that will protect your home from water damage for many, many years to come.