So, you think you have structural foundation problems. You see the foundation walls bowing or buckling and want to fix the issue before it worsens. To address the issue quickly, you need to verify the source of the problem.
Here’s how you can identify structural foundation problems — and how to get them fixed.
Identifying Structural Issues
Here are telltale signs that there is inward movement with your foundation walls:
- There is cracking that is horizontal or stair-step in direction.
- Concrete walls show diagonal cracking at corners.
- At the bottom of the walls, the foundation is sliding inward.
- At the top of the foundation walls, they’re leaning.
- There is wet clay soil along with the damaged walls around the home.
The signs of structural foundation problems vary from one property to the next. That’s why it’s important to take care of the issue before it worsens. A skilled professional can anchor the bowing foundation walls and save the foundation from further damage.
What Causes Bowing & Buckling Foundation Walls?
The reason why foundation walls bow and buckle depends on the amount of pressure soils place on the structure. Here are four common factors that cause issues structurally:
- Soil type plays a big factor. Different types of soil create issues for foundations.
- The amount of moisture the soil contains. Less moisture is key.
- The location of the foundation. If it’s further underground, there can be bigger issues.
- The temperature. Hot and cold weather can cause soil to collapse walls or cause them to lean.
Another issue that leads to foundation walls problems is runoff from gutters and downspouts. If it isn’t directed away from your home’s foundation, it can become oversaturated with water. The soil is heavier which is why it’s able to shift, bow or buckle the foundation.
Stop Structural Foundation Problems
Addressing foundation problems before they worsen is recommended. By learning the signs of structural damage, you, too, can prevent greater issues from occurring.
We are experts in fixing the problems that cause bowing and buckling walls. Our Wall Anchor System is the ideal solution for this issue.
To learn more about the services we provide, call or e-mail us today for a no-obligation, free evaluation!