There’s nothing like a peaceful walk through the neighborhood. But tripping on a cracked sidewalk takes away all enjoyment.
Cracked concrete poses this danger, and it’s one of the most common forms of concrete damage. A cracked sidewalk could also lower your home’s curb appeal.
AquaGuard is the leading concrete repair company in Georgia, with an innovative solution designed to provide a lasting fix. After reading this page, you’ll know why sidewalks crack, and what you can do about it.
What Is a Cracked Sidewalk?
A cracked sidewalk is defined by noticeable breaks or separations in the concrete walkway often found near homes or businesses. Such separations can differ in size and depth, affecting the sidewalk’s overall stability.
These imperfections are not merely cosmetic issues. Cracked sidewalks highlight foundational problems and present significant tripping hazards, necessitating swift attention and rectification. Additionally, cracked sidewalks can be accompanied by:
- Concrete pitting, flaking, and staining
- Cracked driveway
- Sinking concrete steps
- Cracked concrete patio
- Sinking porch
- Cracked pool deck
If not dealt with promptly, sidewalk cracks can intensify, leading to more profound structural problems. Neglected cracks tend to enlarge as the concrete sections sink further. The slabs become misaligned, forming potential tripping points and diminishing your property’s allure.
Seeking expertise from professionals like AquaGuard is crucial for ensuring the safety of your Georgia property.
What Causes Sidewalk Cracks?
Factors contributing to sidewalk cracks include:
- Soil Washout: Soil erosion and settling is a primary reason for cracked sidewalks. When the underlying soil is washed away by water, it destabilizes the sidewalk.
- Tree Roots: Expanding tree roots that get under the sidewalk exert pressure below, pushing the concrete up and leading to cracks.
- Dry Weather: Drought can cause soil to dry out and become brittle. It becomes too weak to support concrete, so the concrete sinks into the ground and cracks.
- Incorrect Installation: Hurried curing, lack of reinforcement, or an unstable foundation can also cause cracks.
It’s crucial to identify and address the root cause to ensure a durable repair and avoid repeated damage.
Can You Fix a Cracked Sidewalk?
Yes, it’s possible to repair cracked sidewalks, but it’s vital to employ a comprehensive and professional solution. As damage escalates, repair options become limited.
Addressing the root cause is crucial, and the best way to do that is to work with a professional like AquaGuard.
We use comprehensive remedies that delve deeper than surface-level fixes, aiming to rectify the primary issues. Our unique PolyRenewal™ technique elevates and protects sinking or cracked concrete slabs.
How to Fix a Cracked Sidewalk
AquaGuard employs the advanced PolyRenewal™ method to mend uneven and cracked sidewalks. Here’s how:
- Conduct a detailed inspection to identify the root causes and determine the best solution and placement.
- Bore tiny holes into the affected sections of sidewalk.
- Place injection ports into these openings.
- Combine our exclusive two-component polymer foam to create PolyRenewal™.
- Inject the polyurethane foam under the sinking sidewalk.
- The foam quickly expands, fills gaps, lifts concrete to a safe level, and cures in about 15 minutes.
- This elevates the slab while stabilizing the soil below.
- Extract the injection ports and seal the holes.
- Ensure all cracks are sealed to prevent water ingress.
- Regularly inspect and maintain for prolonged durability.
Our tailored polyurethane foam solution offers a precise, durable, and superior repair. PolyRenewal™ is more effective than traditional mudjacking, is less intrusive than complete slab replacement, and remains stable without erosion.
Why Address Sidewalk Cracks Now
Acting quickly on sidewalk repairs is crucial if you want to:
- Prevent Injury: Elevated sections can lead to tripping accidents.
- Minimize Legal Risks: Unsafe sidewalks can raise legal concerns.
- Reduce Costs: Early fixes prevent escalated damage and costlier repairs in the future.
- Sustain Property Worth: Homes with flawless walkways are more appealing to prospective buyers.
For a comprehensive solution, trust AquaGuard with our industry-leading techniques that offer unmatched advantages over other methods.
Connect with AquaGuard for Trustworthy Concrete Lifting Services
Don’t let sidewalk issues linger. Combat the dangers and eyesores of cracked sidewalks with AquaGuard. Our pioneering solutions ensure the durability and elegance of your walkways.
With years of helping homeowners across Georgia, we’re the go-to concrete lifting provider with our top-tier customer service and repairs. Reach out to us for a complimentary, no-strings-attached evaluation, and let us enhance the safety and appeal of your premises!
Consider these seven benefits to fixing your sinking and unleveled concrete slab 1.The problem always gets worse: if a slab has cracked or has begun to sink, the issue will not eventually stop; it will continue to get worse. •Note, when problems get worse, the cost of fixing the issue increases. 2.Resale value diminishes: no […]
What is Slab Settlement? Slab settlement is simply the movement a concrete slab experiences when the soil underneath it can no longer support the weight of it. Soil changes – that is why your concrete will begin to sink and settle. Let’s focus on the three most common reasons why a concrete slab will settle. […]
Dealing with structural or foundation issues is never fun but you can spot them early on if you keep a vigilant eye out. When you catch settling concrete early on, you can mitigate a lot of the time and money it would cost by letting the symptoms go unnoticed. Signs of Concrete Settlement A solid concrete structure […]
Last Modified Date: