High Energy Bills
It’s frustrating and confusing when you notice a spike in your energy bills without a clear reason why. One of the most missed causes is the condition of your crawl space. If this area is damp and poorly insulated, it will lead to fluctuating temperatures and an overworked HVAC system!
AquaGuard Foundation Solutions specializes in identifying and remedying issues in your crawl space that lead to inefficiency, ensuring your home stays comfortable and energy efficient. This guide will explore the main reasons for high energy costs and show how our crawl space encapsulation services help you keep your utility bills in check.
What Are High Energy Bills?
High energy bills are when your utility costs exceed what you normally expect. This often means your HVAC system is overworking to keep your home’s temperature regulated.
It’s important to realize that it’s not just about the thermostat settings. Elevated energy bills often originate from problems like moisture in the crawl space and air leaks, affecting your home’s overall comfort.
Moist air from your crawl space rises, making your HVAC system work overtime to counteract the outside cold or heat, maintaining a comfortable indoor temperature. Issues commonly associated with high energy bills include:
Addressing these root causes is essential for restoring your home’s efficiency and comfort.
What Causes High Energy Bills?
Several common crawl space issues can lead to increased energy bills, mainly related to moisture and air flow:
- Wet or damaged insulation
- Open vents or gaps allowing outside air and moisture in
- Landscaping problems that lead to water entering the crawl space
- High humidity causing condensation on crawl space surfaces
- Plumbing leaks leading to water accumulation under the house
- Wet soil or standing water collecting under your home
Moisture in a crawl space can lower indoor temperatures in winter and create hot, humid conditions in summer, forcing your HVAC to work harder and increase your energy bills while trying to maintain comfortable temperatures.
These problems not only affect your energy bills but can also lead to structural damage and worsen indoor air quality.
AquaGuard Foundation Solutions is skilled in diagnosing and solving these issues, offering effective solutions to improve your home’s efficiency and comfort.
Can You Fix High Energy Bills?
Yes, it’s possible to reduce and control high energy bills. By addressing the core issues of moisture and air circulation in your crawl space, you can significantly enhance your home’s environment and energy costs.
Remember, DIY solutions often fail to effectively address the problem and can be expensive and risky. A lasting solution is found in a comprehensive crawl space repair system, tailored to your home’s specific needs.
AquaGuard Foundation Solutions offers thorough solutions to tackle crawl space issues that lead to energy inefficiency. Our goal is to reduce your energy bills and improve the overall health and stability of your home.
How to Fix High Energy Bills
Proper insulation and sealing of your crawl space are crucial for improving energy efficiency, which can substantially lower your utility bills. Here’s what our systematic approach involves:
- Detailed inspection to identify specific problems and their underlying causes.
- Sealing crawl space vents and replacing access doors to block external air and water.
- Installing an interior drainage system and sump pump to remove water.
- Placing drainage matting to direct water into the drainage system.
- Applying thermal insulation panels to walls for temperature control.
- Encapsulating the floor and walls with a vapor barrier.
- Installing a dehumidifier to manage humidity.
- Adding IntelliJack™ support posts for extra protection.
- Conducting regular maintenance checks for ongoing protection.
AquaGuard Foundation Solutions uses our exclusive product range, ensuring the best solutions customized for your home’s needs. Our products are superior to standard options, providing durable results and improved energy efficiency.
Why Address High Energy Bills Now
Tackling a damp, drafty crawl space quickly is vital for several reasons:
- Immediate Cost Reduction: Delaying repairs can lead to more expensive fixes. You’ll also see a drop in your energy bills once the issues are resolved, saving money over time.
- Extended Appliance Life: An overburdened HVAC system in harsh conditions can fail prematurely. Addressing moisture problems prolongs the life of your appliances.
- Enhanced Indoor Air Quality: A dry, well-ventilated crawl space leads to better air quality.
- Increased Property Value: Energy-efficient homes are more attractive to buyers.
Act now to protect your budget, HVAC system, and property value. AquaGuard Foundation Solutions’ crawl space solutions effectively tackle the fundamental issues.
Contact AquaGuard Foundation Solutions for Reliable Crawl Space Solutions
Don’t let inefficiency continue in your home. Experience the difference in comfort and efficiency with AquaGuard Foundation Solutions. Our team is committed to identifying and resolving your crawl space issues.
Homeowners in North Georgia have trusted us for exceptional customer service and reliable solutions for nearly 30 years. Invest in your home’s health and comfort with a customized crawl space solution. Contact us today to schedule your free inspection!
Wet winter weather can be utterly disastrous to homes that have unsealed crawl spaces. Flooding, wood rot, mold and mildew growth, as well as pest infestations and nesting rodents, are common in homes that are unaccustomed to such damp winters. For a more in-depth view on how winter can cause damage to a crawl space, […]
People who fix their nasty crawlspaces properly might be the smartest and most financially rewarded homeowners. One could argue that the net cost to fix a crawlspace is zero. Fixing this space saves money each month in energy costs and you would avoid costly rot and mold repairs. If you repair your crawlspace issues, in […]
If you care about your heating and cooling bills, then you should care about your crawl space. If you care about the comfort of your home, then you should care about your crawl space. It’s been relatively warm this winter, but we’re not out of it just yet. We all know temperatures can drop quickly […]
Last Modified Date: