If you have sagging floors, it’s more than just an aesthetic issue — it’s a serious sign of structural problems that could threaten your home. This issue requires professional repair to prevent further damage and potential injury.
This problem frequently comes from an issue in your crawl space, where excessive moisture or pests can wreak havoc. Without any intervention, these issues can spread into your living space.
AquaGuard is a leader in crawl space repair solutions. This page details the causes and symptoms of sagging floors, the necessity of fixing them, and the ways AquaGuard can help.
What Are Sagging Floors?
Sagging floors are marked by an obvious slant or dip and may feel shaky or insecure when walked on. These symptoms emerge when the underlying support, mainly the floor joists, is unable to sustain the load above, threatening the structural integrity of your home.
Alongside sagging floors, be vigilant for related problems such as:
- Bouncy floors
- Uneven floors
- Musty odors from the crawl space
- Squeaking floors
- Drywall cracks
- Doors and windows that stick
Ignoring sagging floors may result in complete failure from the supports in your crawl space, ultimately damaging your home’s structure and endangering your family’s safety. This is why professional repair services are the best way to handle this type of damage.
What Causes Sagging Floors?
A multitude of factors lead to sagging floors. Many are beyond your control, and some go completely unnoticed because they arise beneath your house.
But you can take action. Understanding what causes sagging floors is beneficial and enables a quicker response if problems arise. Keep an eye out for:
- Moisture in the Crawl Space: Large amounts of water in your crawl space can cause wooden supports to deteriorate.
- Pests Under Your Home: Termites and wood-eating pests can significantly weaken wooden support beams.
- Floor Joist Issues: Improper spacing or deterioration of floor joists can result in insufficient support.
- Flawed Installation: Incorrect installation may precipitate the weakening of floors.
- Foundation Settlement: Foundation issues such as shifting and settlement can cause floor joists to become misaligned.
- Wear Over Time: Age-related wear and tear also contribute to the issue.
It’s vital to identify these causes as soon as possible. That way, you can quickly tackle the root cause of sagging floors with expert assistance.
Can You Fix Sagging Floors?
Yes, with professional expertise and the right materials, sagging floors can be fixed and prevented. However, keep in mind that DIY solutions, like sistering joists or propping up floors with improvised supports (like cinderblocks), are not effective long-term solutions.
Plus, going into the crawl space by yourself can be risky. It’s best left to professionals who have the necessary equipment and expertise; a complete and lasting repair requires an expert approach.
How We Fix Sagging Floors
AquaGuard’s process for remedying sagging floors is comprehensive, assuring your home’s security and structural stability. Our method includes:
- Conducting a detailed inspection to assess damage and formulate a repair strategy.
- Custom-fitting steel IntelliJack™ supports for your crawl space’s specific measurements.
- Installing the IntelliJack™ crawl space jacks and securely affixing them to the floor joists.
- Fine-tuning the support system (if needed) to guarantee long-lasting floor stability.
- Applying waterproofing measures such as drainage and sump pumps.
- Sealing off vents and installing new crawl space doors where necessary.
- Covering crawl space walls with thermal insulation.
- Encapsulating with a heavy-duty vapor barrier.
- Setting up a dehumidification system for ongoing moisture control.
- Offering optional maintenance to ensure a durable solution.
AquaGuard’s IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks are engineered to provide unwavering support, maintaining your home’s structural integrity. They’re adjustable, allowing for possible re-leveling of floors over time by our specialists.
Why Address Sagging Floors Now
Taking prompt action against sagging floors brings several immediate advantages, such as:
- Preventing Further Damage: Early repairs halt additional harm and forestall issues like cracked walls and sticking windows or doors.
- Dodging High-Cost Repairs: Delays could necessitate more extensive and expensive repairs, even full floor replacement in severe cases.
- Improving Safety: Repairing the floors reduces accident risks, keeping all occupants safe.
- Protecting Home Value: Ensuring a solid foundation maintains your home’s market value and appeal, protecting your investment.
Act now to secure your home’s foundation with AquaGuard’s trusted solutions and bring your floors back to a safe and even condition.
Contact AquaGuard for Dependable Sagging Floor Solutions
Spotting early signs of sagging floors in your home is not something to ignore. Work with AquaGuard for efficient and professional assistance!
With our IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks and comprehensive services, we provide the support your home requires. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary inspection and safeguard your most valuable asset: your home.
Does your home have sagging floors? Find out more about the underlying causes in this article! Learn effective ways to restore your home's structural integrity with crawl space repair!
Wet winter weather can be utterly disastrous to homes that have unsealed crawl spaces. Flooding, wood rot, mold and mildew growth, as well as pest infestations and nesting rodents, are common in homes that are unaccustomed to such damp winters. For a more in-depth view on how winter can cause damage to a crawl space, […]
Last Modified Date: