Foundation settlement is a significant threat to the enduring stability of your homes, particularly in Georgia, where climatic factors such as rainfall and humidity prevail. When soil gets saturated with moisture, it loses its load-bearing capacity, causing your home to sink.
For nearly 30 years, AquaGuard has set the standard in the realm of foundation repair. Our team of highly skilled experts excels in identifying symptoms of foundation settlement and applying top-of-the-line remedies to permanently stabilize—and potentially elevate—your home’s base.
Gain valuable insights into the nuances of foundation settlement with this comprehensive guide, enabling you to make well-informed decisions for the longevity of your property.
What Is Foundation Settlement?
Foundation settlement occurs when the base of your home gradually descends into the underlying earth. Often, this sinking is due to a compromised soil structure that can no longer effectively uphold your home’s foundation.
Regardless of whether this takes place gradually or abruptly because of environmental factors such as heavy rain or drought, foundation settlement generally leads to structural issues in your home.
Telltale symptoms like cracks in your walls, stuck doors and windows, or uneven floors should not be taken lightly. Ignoring these early indicators of foundation settlement can lead to catastrophic structural consequences.
At AquaGuard, we offer an array of robust solutions specifically designed to mitigate foundation settlement. Our bespoke foundation pier systems are engineered to supply unwavering support, thereby nullifying the risk of future subsidence.
What Causes Foundation Settlement?
Several factors can trigger the unsettling occurrence of foundation settlement, most of them having to do with the surrounding soil in your yard:
- Soil Erosion – Overabundant rainwater runoff may erode the soil responsible for upholding your foundation, compromising its integrity. Inadequate drainage systems and blocked gutters exacerbate the issue.
- Expansive Soil – Copious amounts of rainfall or flooding events can cause clay soils to expand. As the water dissipates, empty spaces develop, contributing to a sagging foundation.
- Poor Soil Compaction – Sometimes, the soil utilized during construction may not have been compacted sufficiently, leading to eventual compression under the cumulative weight of the home.
- Tree Roots – When roots grow too close to your home, they may push against your foundation and cause damage. If enough damage is sustained, your foundation will likely settle into the ground.
Can You Fix Foundation Settlement?
Absolutely, foundation settlement is a repairable dilemma! The key lies in securely fastening your home’s foundation to stable strata of soil or bedrock, thereby re-distributing the home’s weight, and eliminating unstable soil.
Don’t waste time and money replacing your entire foundation! Instead, work with AquaGuard to install more streamlined, less invasive approaches backed by industry-leading experience.
How to Fix Foundation Settlement
AquaGuard utilizes forward-thinking techniques to counter foundation settlement:
- Push Piers – Strong steel pillars are driven into the soil below the foundation and fastened securely using special brackets.
- Helical Piers – Spiral steel rods are used to delve deep into the soil until they reach stable underground layers.
- Slab Piers – These components aim to strengthen, and sometimes lift, concrete slabs affected by settlement.
Our state-of-the-art steel pier systems assure enduring stability for your home and can potentially rectify portions that have sunk. We also address any aesthetic impairments caused by settlement.
Why Address Foundation Settlement Now?
Several compelling reasons exist for taking immediate action:
- Prevent Worse Damage – Neglecting the issue amplifies the risk of broader structural woes, leading to costlier future repairs.
- Mitigate Safety Concerns – Severe settling could compromise wall stability and produce uneven floors, generating safety hazards for residents.
- Safeguard Property Worth – Ongoing foundation issues can erode your home’s market value. Our proficient repair techniques can help regain some of that lost value.
- Ensure Peace of Mind – Our tried-and-true solutions offer lasting structural integrity, affording you peace of mind.
AquaGuard takes pride in leveraging the most advanced foundation repair mechanisms and our dedicated team is determined to resolve foundation settlement issues with efficiency.
Reach Out to AquaGuard for Solutions to Foundation Settlement
Don’t hesitate to address your foundation’s settlement challenges. AquaGuard is equipped with specialized expertise to accurately diagnose the core issues and revitalize your foundation through advanced pier systems.
We offer free, no-commitment financial evaluations across our service offerings. Our skillful technicians are ready to perform an exhaustive inspection of your home’s foundation and recommend the most effective repair strategies. Contact us today to start on your path toward a more secure home!
Local home foundations contend with the Georgia’s red clay soil, humid conditions, and abundant rainfall. Understanding the causes of foundation settlement is important for any homeowner, and this guide will help you make an action plan to protect your home.
Foundation repair is important for home maintenance. Every home is likely to experience some form of foundation damage and investing in solutions will protect your home and maintain its value.
Last Modified Date: