If you notice any sinking or sagging floors in your home, it could be a sign that the structural integrity of your crawl space is compromised. Over time, those floor joists, which comprise the wooden slat “roof” of your crawl space, may can weaken and cause major structural problems.
Floor joists can become weak from:
- Too much space between support columns
- Cinderblock columns (can tilt under pressure, causing very weak structural support)
- Too much moisture in the crawl space (causes wood to sag or rot like dry firewood over-exposed to rain)
- Weak soil or poor footing (results in settled columns and cracked or buckling floor joists)
Although it may seem subtle at first, theses weak floor joists can start to bend or bow and result in sinking floors inside your home, as well as interior wall cracks stemming from the corners of doors or windows above.
Get your house back in shape with help from the experts at AquaGuard Foundation Solutions. We offer free evaluations across North Georgia, including Atlanta, Acworth, Athens, Marietta, Cumming, Rome, Ellijay, Dahlonega, Dacula, Decatur, Peachtree City, and Carrollton.
Stabilize Your Home
Weakened crawl space floor joists need sturdy supports and a stable base in order to properly support the heavy homes that rest on top of them. This can be accomplished via our patented IntelliJack™ steel joist stabilization and leveling system, which permanently stabilizes your crawl space joists and will prevent future sagging or sinking floors within your home.
Benefits of the IntelliJack™ system:
- Engineer-designed and tested by our structural manufacturing network, Groundworks
- Each jack can support loads of more than 60,000lbs
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Can be installed in limited access areas
- Only crawl space support jack that adequately addresses the culprit of settlement, the soil
Get your home back in shape and on level ground; contact the experts at AquaGuard today!
View More Crawl Space Problem Signs