What are Helical Piers?
When your foundation is built on soil with low load-bearing capacity, the soil can give way under the weight of your house, causing settlement and foundation damage. Helical piers stabilize settling foundations by connecting footings and walls to more stable load-bearing soils deep below your home’s foundation.
As the name suggests, helical piers are piers made of steel piers with a set of screw-like helical blades on the lower section. These helical blades help to advance the pier deep into the soil during installation and anchor it in place when load-bearing soil is reached. In many instances, helical piers will also lift and level your home by the time the installation is completed.
At AquaGuard Foundation Solutions, we offer helical pier installation for foundation repair in Atlanta and throughout northern Georgia. Our Helical Pier System will permanently stabilize your foundation, restoring your home’s safety and your peace of mind.
Our Helical Pier System Advantages:
- Year-round installation
- Lifetime structural warranty
- Galvanized steel design available for rust resistance
- Suitable for both heavy and light loads
- Does not rely on the weight of structure for depth and capacity
- Round shaft has high resistance to bending
- Provides the opportunity to lift the foundation to the original position
How do Helical Pier Systems Work?
When the soil below a home is unable to support the weight of the structure, the home will settle. This often leads to cracked, uneven foundations—in the worst cases, it can lead to extreme structural damage throughout the house.
Many circumstances can cause soil to weaken and become unable to support a home’s weight. Some of these circumstances include poorly-compacted fill soil, extreme moisture changes, and soil washout. Luckily, the undisturbed soil deep below your foundation is more compact and able to support heavier loads.
Helical piers are driven to this deep, stable soil below your foundation. This creates a solid support base that transfers the weight of your of your home to stronger, more stable soil and bedrock. This makes helical piers the ideal fix for scenarios where surface soil has proven incapable of supporting your home’s weight.
Helical Pier Advantages
With ideal soil conditions, the following goals can be accomplished with push piers:
- Repairing and stabilizing a foundation with minimal disturbance
- Lifting a house back to its original position
- Stabilizing lighter structures, such as decks or stoops
- Finding a fast, effective solution for foundation repair
- Restoring your property value is a priority
- Closing cracks caused by settlement
- Improving the operation of doors and windows.
- Permanently stabilizing your foundation.
VIEW MORE FOUNDATION REPAIR SOLUTIONS