Your house relies on its foundation—it plays an integral role in its stability and durability. When your foundation settles, it not only compromises the structural integrity of your home but also poses safety risks for your family.
Signs like sloping floors and cracked walls are alarming for any homeowner and require urgent attention. AquaGuard is your trusted source for foundation piers that are engineered to permanently secure and possibly elevate your sinking foundation.
We offer tailored solutions through our range of pier options—push, helical, and slab—that ensure a fortified and steadfast home. This page help you understand the essential role of foundation piers and why AquaGuard is your ideal choice for this helpful service.
What Are Foundation Piers?
Foundation piers serve as stabilizing pillars for your home. They penetrate deep into the earth and make contact with stable soil or rock formations to provide that stability.
Our piers help redistribute the weight of your home, making it more secure. Not only do they halt any further settling, but in certain situations, they can also lift your home closer to its original position.
Foundation piers are a go-to for enduring stability, shielding your property against soil movement or other destabilizing factors.
They can be integrated into a more comprehensive home-care strategy that might involve other services like waterproofing basements or repairing a crawl space. In essence, they are indispensable for the overall structural well-being of your home.
Signs You Need Foundation Piers
Identifying the symptoms of a foundation issue is the initial step in finding an effective solution. Watch out for these common indicators around your home:
- Cracked brick walls
- Popped nails in drywall
- Tilted floors
- Jammed doors and windows
- Gaps between wall and floor
- Damaged chimney
If you notice any of these signs, reach out to AquaGuard without delay. We offer complimentary foundation evaluations and will suggest a custom-tailored remedy.
Are Foundation Piers Necessary?
Absolutely, foundation piers are essential to permanently safeguard a settling foundation and avert further deterioration. Delaying foundation pier installation will result in escalating repair costs as the damage continues to worsen.
As your local foundation specialists, we advise taking immediate action upon noticing the first symptoms. That way, you can avoid other types of damage including bowing basement walls or sagging floors.
What Are the Different Types of Foundation Piers?
AquaGuard employs three kinds of pier systems—helical, push, and slab—to adapt to Northern Georgia’s soil composition. While each type operates similarly, they have distinct applications.
Our helical piers feature steel rods with screw-like plates at the end. They penetrate the stable ground layers below to ensure a robust foundation.
These helical piers are flexible and ideal for supporting lighter structures under varied conditions. Installation involves:
- Soil excavation to uncover the footing
- Hydraulic machinery to insert the piers
- Monitoring pier depth and load-bearing capacity
- Affixing a resilient steel bracket to the footing
- Marking the piers with mini rivets on the exterior walls
- Replacing the removed soil
Push piers are similar to helical piers but differ in their construction and deployment. They consist of long steel shafts that are pushed into the earth, leveraging the home’s own resistance for support. Installation steps include:
- Unearthing soil to reveal foundation footing
- Attaching a suitable bracket
- Driving piers deep into stable ground
- Observing depths and capacities
- Placing markers on exterior walls
- Backfilling the excavation
Specifically designed for slab foundations, our slab piers offer targeted stability for structures like garage floors or in situations where exterior excavation isn’t possible. Installation is as follows:
- Removing any flooring material
- Drilling through the slab to expose the footing
- Placing a support bracket underneath
- Advancing pier sections into the ground
- Monitoring depths and load-bearing capacities
- Securing a bracket to the slab
- Filling the hole with concrete for a seamless finish
What Are the Benefits of Foundation Piers?
AquaGuard’s pier systems offer unparalleled durability and are tailored for your home, providing advantages such as:
- Lasting Stability: Guaranteed permanent foundation stabilization.
- Settlement Prevention: Our piers halt further downward movement of your home.
- Additional Damage Control: Our solutions help avoid further structural issues.
- Long-term Protection: Ensure the foundation remains sturdy for years.
- Potential Lifting: Our installation team can, when deemed safe, add pressure during installation to potentially elevate parts of your sinking foundation.
- Comprehensive Warranty: Each pier comes with a transferable, lifetime warranty backed nationally.
Why Our Foundation Piers Are the Best Choice for Your Home
Our foundation piers distinguish themselves through:
- Outperforming standard pier models
- Customized designs for Northern Georgia soils
- Extended durability and effective performance
- Comprehensive warranties
- Optional yearly maintenance program
Contact AquaGuard for Foundation Piers Today!
Your home’s foundation isn’t something to overlook, and problems won’t fix themselves. Choose AquaGuard for dependable care.
For nearly 30 years, we’ve been stabilizing homes across Northern Georgia. Contact us today for your complimentary foundation assessment and quote. Trust AquaGuard to deliver a secure and lasting home foundation.
Foundation repair is important for home maintenance. Every home is likely to experience some form of foundation damage and investing in solutions will protect your home and maintain its value.
A damaged foundation needs immediate attention. Determining the right course of action requires research. Let local experts help. Read more about the benefits of foundation repair versus replacement.
Last Modified Date: